Monday, September 14, 2009

Sichuan-Style Aparagus (PF Chang's)



For our 12th wedding anniversary, Andrew and I decided to go to PF Chang's and enjoy a really good meal. Because we were currently in a weight-loss competition, we wanted to find some of the relatively healthy dishes and try to "be good". We tried their Sichuan-Style Asparagus for the first time, mainly because we are both big fans of asparagus, and it promised around 100 calories per serving. This modest side dish turned out to be the highlight of the meal. I found a recipe that is really close to the same (if not the same) . Try it if you must, and see if it isn't best to be seated when eating this amazing dish.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a wok or large skillet, flash fry asparagus and onion in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
  2. Add garlic, ginger, and chili paste, and saute for 1 minute.
  3. Add oyster sauce and corn starch and saute for 1 minute.
  4. Add sesame oil and saute for 30 seconds to one minute.
  5. Serve ASAP.
Serves 4 (as a side)

5 comments:

  1. Laurie... You know how I felt about the cheese balls. I should have stuffed a few in my pocket! As for the asparagus recipe, I will trying that very soon! I look forward to many more of your fabulous delightful succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laurie, these look great what a good idea to post your talent and share it with the rest of us. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did this! Omg,, I can do this every freakin day and never get tired! Thanks so much for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this recipe. I can't believe it contains all these ingredients I didn't even know I liked but love in this dish.....PF Changs in our area doesn't have the asparagus anymore. boo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had the asparagus for the first time at PF Chang's the other day. We love asparagus and I want to make the dish at home. Thanks for this recipe and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete